Most climbers wish they could break through to the next grade in their climbing or bouldering but can be held back when fear strikes. Sport climbers bail on routes when the leading fear takes hold or shy away from that tricky start with the high first bolt thinking about broken ankles. Boulderers lack trust in their grip on chalky holds that they can't reach to brush, eroding away confidence when up high.
With the arrival of the Pongoose Climber 700, these fears can now be a thing of the past.
Boost your confidence, try routes and boulder problems that you may otherwise avoid and impress your friends when you start pushing your grade. Read on to find out more about how choosing the Pongoose climber 700 can benefit you.INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
With the flexibility of the multi-directional head and bracket, you can clip, brush or capture photos at any desired angle by adjusting the relevant thumb screws. This means you can clip bolts that are placed at awkward angles or above a big ledge where you may otherwise struggle to clip a bolt. The Pongoose brush is supplied with a threaded insert as standard so you can screw this to the bracket in place of the clipstick head to clean chalky holds. The brush attaches both upwards and downwards, and again can be moved to any angle to enable brushing of any hold, including ledges, slopers, crimps, undercuts and sidepulls. Pop your action camera in place of the clipstick head or brush, and adjust the angle to capture climbing photos from aspects that will make your Instagram feed the envy of all your climbing friends.
Try it out, we think you'll love it as much as we do.
The Pongoose Climber 700 has been designed with maximum functionality in mind, carefully thought out to make the very best quality product to make your life easier. So what's different about it?
- The brightly anodised solid aluminium clipstick head has no moving parts and will hold your quickdraw so you can extend the pole without it falling out.
- Attach your pole to your harness or send it up a route to your climbing partner using a quickdraw clipped through the hole in the bracket to be hands-free and avoid dropping it on people below.
- The coloured beads grip the spine of the quickdraw making it easier for you to secure it and smoothly clip in a rope or retrieve the quickdraw.
- The clipstick works with the bracket secured at any angle, however the stamped markers 'Q' for quickdraw and 'R' for rope indicate the optimum positions for clipping a quickdraw, or using a bight of rope to clip into a quickdraw or to retrieve a quickdraw.
- Transform your pole into a camera boom or monopod using the universal camera screw threads on the top of the bracket and the top of the pole respectively (do not use too big or heavy a camera).
If you're new to climbing and aren't sure how to use a clipstick / stick clip, check out our instructional videos for how to use your Pongoose Climber 700. You'll learn how to clipstick a sport climbing route, clip the rope into a pre-placed quickdraw and retrieve a quickdraw. Watch all the videos to discover all our top tips for how to get the best out of your clipstick.INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS